Yep, that is Dale Sr. and me....It was 1978 at the Speedway and we were just gettin' started...
Dropped the green flag on the Ol' Hot-Rockin, Flame-Throwin radio career almost 34 years ago at 61 Big WAYS & 95 Q in Charlotte....then onto great radio stations in Memphis, Tampa Bay, The FOX in Charlotte, Washington DC, Houston, Altanta, back to DC, finally returned to the FOX in Charlotte.
Stadium Announcer for the NFL's Washington Redskins since 2001.
National Memorial Day Parade announcer since 2009
Continue to emcee numerous Black Tie charity events
Grew up in Watkins Glen and have been around racing my whole life, drove some here and there.... even got a few trophies! (Then I found out you can buy trophies,.... now, I'm good at everything!)
Check out how much tickets cost and where you go to buy them....
Hi Son..... I'm sorry Daddy is late picking you up from Pre-School....Here I got you a balloon!
Here's a rundown of NASCAR's Most Valuable Teams:
1) Hendrick Motorsports $350 million
2) Roush Fenway Racing $185 million
3) Joe Gibbs Racing $155 million
4) Richard Childress Racing $147 million
5) Stewart-Haas Racing $108 million
6) Penske Racing $98 million
7) Michael Waltrip Racing $90 million
8) Earnhardt Ganassi Racing $76 million
9) Richard Petty Motorsports $58 million
This story appears in the March 12 edition of Forbes magazine
Check out the Contest page for your shot at FREE tickets to Bristol!
I could swear I saw this going down Wilkinson Blvd. last week!