Yep, that is Dale Sr. and me....It was 1978 at the Speedway and we were just gettin' started...
Dropped the green flag on the Ol' Hot-Rockin, Flame-Throwin radio career almost 34 years ago at 61 Big WAYS & 95 Q in Charlotte....then onto great radio stations in Memphis, Tampa Bay, The FOX in Charlotte, Washington DC, Houston, Altanta, back to DC, finally returned to the FOX in Charlotte.
Stadium Announcer for the NFL's Washington Redskins since 2001.
National Memorial Day Parade announcer since 2009
Continue to emcee numerous Black Tie charity events
Grew up in Watkins Glen and have been around racing my whole life, drove some here and there.... even got a few trophies! (Then I found out you can buy trophies,.... now, I'm good at everything!)
Most Powerful Moments
There are many moments in life when we are "glued to the TV."
WTF...How In The World Does Number 11 Top Number 15?????
According to a Nielsen survey, these are "TV's Most Powerful
1. September 11th tragedy (2001)
2. Hurricane Katrina (2005)
3. O.J. Simpson verdict (1995)
4. The Challenger space shuttle disaster (1986)
5. Death of Osama bin Laden (2011)
6. O.J. Simpson white Bronco chase (1994)
7. Earthquake in Japan (2011)
8. Columbine High School shooting (1999)
9. BP oil spill (2010)
10. Princess Diana's funeral (1997)
11. Death of Whitney Houston (2012)
12. Capture and execution of Saddam Hussein (2006)
13. Barack Obama's acceptance speech (2008)
14. The Royal Wedding (2011)
15. Assassination of John F. Kennedy (1963)
16. Oklahoma City bombing (1995)
17. Bush/Gore election results (2000)
18. L.A. riots (1992)
19. Casey Anthony verdict (2011)
20. Funeral of John F. Kennedy (1963) (Yahoo